Your privacy is important to The USLC, and we are committed to respecting that privacy. This Privacy Statement explains how we handle and use the personal information we collect from WoS-Journal website.
What personal information we collect
While specific information may vary for particular individuals, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
· Basic biographic/contact information – home and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and social media contact information
· Demographic information – names, gender, birth and death dates, photograph
· Analytical information – aggregated information related to web visitor activity and email marketing actions.
How we collect personal information about you
In general, you can use WoS-Journal website in all ways without using the technology known as “cookies.” A cookie is a short identifier, stored on your computer, which a site may use to identify you when you make return visits to it. The features of WoS-Journal site were designed to work without cookies, so if you turn them off, you may still browse, search, and shop at our site.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for a number of legitimate purposes all in support of the USLC and its mission. Specifically, we use your personal information to:
· We may collect anonymous information from visits to WoS-Journal website to help us provide better customer service and a better customer experience. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit, and we measure aggregate user activity on WoS-Journal website, but we do so in ways that keep user’s personal identity and information anonymous. The WoS-Journal or the analytic vendors it selects may use this data to analyze site usage trends and statistics, to help us improve our website.
· When we collect personal data from you in connection with a transaction (an order, e-mail request, etc.) we may extract some information about that transaction in an anonymous format and combine it with other anonymous information such as clickstream data. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns in our site’s usage.
If you have concerns about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact us at the WoS-Journal. We will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal information (subject to our legal obligations).
When we share your personal information
To perform the functions listed above, it may be necessary to share your personal information with 3rd party websites. The USLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites.
How your information is stored and secured
The WoS-Journal uses risk-assessed administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
The WoS-Journal retains information in accordance with applicable law, USLC Policy, or until you have been asked to delete.
Rights for Individuals
You have the right in certain circumstances to: 1) access your personal information; 2) to correct or erase information; 3) restrict processing; and 4) object to communications, direct marketing, or profiling. You also have the right to lodge complaints with your national or regional data protection authority.
If you are inclined to exercise these rights, we request an opportunity to discuss with you any concerns you may have. To protect the personal information we hold, we may also request further information to verify your identify when exercising these rights. Upon a request to erase information, we will maintain a core set of personal data to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in the future, as well as any information necessary for the USLC archival purposes. In the event of an actual or threatened legal claim, we may retain your information for purposes of establishing, defending against or exercising our rights with respect to such claim.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on the WoS-Journal website or by contacting you directly.
The controller for your personal information is the USLC. This policy was last updated June 2019.